Uisge Baugh

Monday, April 17, 2006

The Ghost of a Smile

The official song of the 2006 Uisge Baugh Debauch:

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
"The Skin Of My Yellow Country Teeth"

Once - the dogs have quit their barking,
"Son," my neighbor said to me,
"Know the emptiness of talking blue
The same old sheep."
Run - I'll do no more of this walking
Haunted by a past I just can't see anymore anymore.

But let me tell you,
I have never planned to let go of the hand
That has been clinging by its thick country skin
To my yellow country teeth.

Far - Far away from West Virginia,
I will try on New York City
Explaining that the sky holds the wind,
The sun rushes in and a child with a shotgun
Can shoot down honeybees that sting.
(but this boy could use a little sting!)

Who will get me to a party?
Who do I have yet to meet?
You, you look a bit like coffee
And you taste a bit like tea.

How can I keep me from moving?
Now I need a change of scenery.
Just listen to me:
I won't pretend to understand the movement of the wind
Or the waves out in the ocean or how
Like the hours
I change softly
slowly
plainly
blindly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home